What says, “I love you” more than giving someone you care about the gift of wellness this Valentine’s Day? Now you can show your loved ones that you truly care by merging wellness and sweets with CBD chocolate. CBD chocolate is the ultimate Valentine’s Day gift because it helps support your loved one’s wellness while indulging their sweet tooth just a bit. CBD chocolate recipes: below is everything you need to know about this chocolate and five recipes for Valentine’s Day.
Why Give CBD Chocolate for Valentine’s Day?
Nothing means more to gift receivers than a present that comes from the heart. Spend some time this holiday season making some delicious CBD chocolate treats for your sweetie. Here’s why CBD chocolate is the ultimate Valentine’s Day gift.
Benefits of Chocolate for Valentine’s Day
Americans gift 58 million pounds of chocolate each Valentine’s Day. That’s billions of dollars spent on candy in just one month. In a holiday known for conversation hearts and other sugary treats, chocolate is one of the better options for your health-conscious valentine.
Cacao beans are an excellent source of antioxidants. These potent compounds help fight off oxidative stress that can compromise your valentine’s glowing skin, mood and health.
In particular, dark chocolate is a nutrient-dense treat. It contains polyphenols, catechins and flavonols that support optimal health. As a matter of fact, dark chocolate that ranges from 72% to 85% dark cacao has more antioxidants than acai or blueberries!
Benefits of CBD for Valentine’s Day
The average person spent $143.56 on Valentine’s Day last year. Finances can put a strain on relationships, and Valentine’s Day is no exception. A gift from the heart, like a batch of homemade CBD chocolate, is more thoughtful than buying an expensive item. It takes more effort and time to make CBD chocolate than to buy another set of earrings — you’ll score points for putting in time and effort. These sorts of gestures don’t go unnoticed.
Giving CBD chocolate this holiday can actually support your partner in managing stress. It’s one of the main reasons people love CBD. Perhaps the best part about CBD chocolates is that they’re something you can share together. Isn’t that what Valentine’s Day is all about? Let’s take a look at some CBD chocolate recipes!
Valentine’s Day CBD Chocolate Recipes
Looking for the right gift to give your main squeeze this Valentine’s Day? Forget Amazon and get into the kitchen. Whip up some delicious CBD chocolate for your honey and set the mood with some of these recipes.
Fresh Chocolate Kiss
Valentine’s Day is a time when we tend to show a little extra affection. Prepare for the occasion with fresh, kissable breath by infusing this chocolate recipe with our tranquil mint CBD tincture.
- Andes Peppermint Crunch Thins
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoon organic coconut oil
- Desired amount of Joy Organics Tranquil Mint CBD Tincture
- Crush enough Andes Peppermint Crunch Thins to cover the base of 15 candy molds.
- Add the chocolate chips and coconut oil into a small saucepan on low heat.
- Stir frequently to avoid burning.
- Once melted, take off the stove and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the Tranquil Mint CBD Tincture.
- Pour the mixture into the candy molds.
- Refrigerate for four hours.
Nuts in Love
Your health-conscious loved one is sure to enjoy this tasty and crunchy recipe. Tell them you’re nuts about them with pistachios, an excellent source of antioxidants, fiber and protein. Pistachios also taste great paired with chocolate!
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Desired amount of Joy Organics Natural CBD Tincture
- 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped
- 1 teaspoon pink himalayan sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and apply cooking spray.
- Create a double boiler by boiling two cups of water in a saucepan and placing another saucepan on top of the first.
- Add chocolate chips into the top saucepan.
- Stir until melted, then pour into a glass bowl.
- Allow one minute to cool, then add in the CBD tincture and stir.
- Pour the chocolate onto the parchment paper. You want to do this as quickly as possible so the chocolate doesn’t firm up.
- Sprinkle the pistachios and pink salt over the bark and place in the fridge for at least six hours. You can freeze instead to speed up the process.
- Break into shards before serving.
A Relaxing Cup of Hot Cocoa for Two
Valentine’s Day is about being present with the ones you love and taking your mind off the stresses of everyday life to enjoy each other’s company. Some of us need a little help to shift gears and unwind. This lavender and CBD hot cocoa will have you both feeling relaxed and ready for cuddle mode in no time.
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 tablespoons culinary lavender, dried
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons organic honey
- Desired amount of Joy Organics Orange Bliss CBD Tincture
- Boil the almond milk over low heat in a small saucepan.
- When frothy, remove from heat and add the lavender.
- Stir and cover, allowing the lavender to steep for about ten minutes.
- Pour the milk into a bowl through a sieve to strain out the lavender pieces.
- Blend the cocoa powder into the mixture.
- Once well integrated, mix in the honey.
- Stir in the CBD tincture and pour into two cups, or one big cup to share!
This CBD chocolate recipe is easy to make and is sure to be a favorite. Chocolate-covered strawberries are synonymous with Valentine’s Day. We recommend making this recipe with any of our CBD tinctures. Each provides a twist on this timeless classic.
The zest of Orange Bliss goes well with the juicy burst of a fresh strawberry. Tranquil Mint feels like the perfect ending to a romantic dinner. We chose our Summer Lemon CBD Tincture for those who want to make their Valentine’s Day celebration feel like a warm, romantic getaway.
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate
- Desired amount of Joy Organics Summer Lemon CBD Tincture
- 2 pounds organic fresh strawberries
- Boil two cups of water in a medium saucepan.
- Create a double boiler by placing chocolate chips in a heat-proof glass bowl over the pan.
- Stir continuously until the chocolate is melted.
- Allow to cool for two minutes.
- Stir in the CBD tincture.
- Dip the strawberries into the chocolate and place them on a lined tray.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
The Autumn Valentine
Autumn is America’s favorite season. At a time of year when many of us are longing for those crisp September days again, this CBD chocolate recipe will really please the fall fanatic in your life. We use CBD Gummies, white chocolate and cinnamon to give a new take on traditional Valentine’s Day chocolate.
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, divided in half
- 1/2 cup grass-fed butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla bean extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon pink himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup Joy Organics CBD Gummies, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Start a double boiler by heating two cups of water in a saucepan.
- Place one half cup of white chocolate chips in a heat-proof bowl over the pan and stir.
- Once the white chocolate begins to melt, add in the butter.
- When completely melted, thoroughly mix in the sugar.
- Add in the vanilla bean extract.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and sea salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet mixture.
- Add almond milk and stir.
- Work the dough with your hands until you have a smooth consistency.
- Chop up the CBD gummies and combine with the remaining white chocolate chips.
- Pour the gummy-chocolate chip mixture into the dough and mix until well integrated.
- Roll the dough into 18 balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Flatten slightly and bake in the oven for ten to 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave the cookies on the baking sheet for ten minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
Thanks for reading! To show how much we appreciate you, we’re going to give you 16% off your next order. Just use code READER16 at checkout!
Joy Smith is Joy Organics Co-founder and visionary. After her own life-changing experience with CBD, Joy started Joy Organics to create a line of sustainable and premium CBD products consumers could trust. Before founding Joy Organics, Joy worked as an itinerant speaker, traveling to over four continents to empower women across the globe.