If you’re interested in selling CBD, it’s vital to purchase your product from the right manufacturer. All CBD is not created equal, which means that not every CBD distributor is carrying a quality product.
In order to be a success in the rapidly growing CBD industry, you’ve got to offer consumers the highest quality CBD you can find. Don’t forget that there are new CBD companies created all the time, meaning that the CBD industry is extremely competitive. If you’re not selling one of the best products consumers can find, it’s a given that they’ll quickly take their business elsewhere.
At Joy Organics, we’ve partnered with the largest grower, manufacturer and distributor of hemp-derived products in the U.S. This is who makes the compounds used in Joy’s products. We understand exactly how important it really is to choose the best manufacturer possible.
When looking for a manufacturer for your own CBD company, keep in mind that Joy Organics does offer wholesale and private label options. Going this route and purchasing from us wholesale or with your own private label could be easier than choosing a manufacturer and buying in bulk.
That being said, here are some things to consider when looking for the top CBD manufacturers available.
What to Look for in a CBD Manufacturer
Before choosing a company from which you’ll source your CBD, it’s imperative you do your research. What exactly makes for a good CBD manufacturer? We’re glad you asked. Following are a few things to look for when choosing the company that will supply your CBD:
- Proof of a real manufacturing facility. To date, the CBD industry has been largely unregulated. This means that oil can be extracted pretty much anywhere, and no one would know the difference. When researching various CBD manufacturers, make sure the product they’re offering is made in a legit manufacturing facility rather than in someone’s garage or storage shed.
- Information on where the hemp comes from. Where does the manufacturer source the hemp from which their CBD is made? Is it grown sustainably and in accordance with the highest cultivation standard? Is it grown in the U.S. or is it sourced from overseas? The top CBD manufacturers will let you know exactly where the hemp that is used to create their products comes from.
- Knowledge of the entire process from seed to sale. Have you ever stopped to think of the entire process of making CBD oil? From seed to sale, there are several things involved. “Seed to sale” is a system that can be used to track the entire process including cultivation, harvest, extraction, production, distribution and sales. These tracking systems often contain a combination written records and software in a single database that can be used by cultivators, processors, manufacturers, transporters and others involved in the process that provides a thorough history of the product.
- Appropriate regulatory licenses and proper manufacturing certifications. While CBD has been largely unregulated up until now, there are certain regulatory licenses and proper manufacturing certifications that the best CBD manufacturers will carry. Regulatory licenses will vary from state to state and manufacturers should be clear about the regulatory licenses they carry. ISO is also something to keep an eye out for, which is a quality management system that helps organizations ensure that they meet the needs of customers and stakeholders while meeting statutory and regulatory requirements related to CBD. Some manufacturing certifications top CBD manufacturers will hold include Good Manufacturing Process (GMP) certification and Governance and Professional Practice (GPP) certification.
- Certificates of analysis (COAs) for each product they sell. A certificate of analysis (COA) is a laboratory report regarding the contents of a product. In the case of CBD, a COA will include cannabinoid content and other tested compounds, such as pesticides, mold and heavy metals. COAs ensure the customer knows exactly what is in the product they’re purchasing. Not only does this create transparency, but also ensures that the product contains exactly what it claims. A 2017 study found that almost 70% of CBD products sold online aren’t labeled correctly, having either considerably less or more CBD than advertised. CBD manufacturers should offer the most recent COAs of the products they provide.
There are plenty of CBD manufacturers out there to choose from. We can’t stress enough how important it is to make sure you choose the right one.
That being said, here are the top 6 CBD manufacturers to help get you started on the road to success in the ever-expanding CBD industry.
The Top 6 CBD Manufacturers
Folium Biosciences is the largest vertically integrated producer, manufacturer and distributor of hemp-derived CBD in North America. Founded in 2014 in Colorado Springs, Colorado, Folium Biosciences has been a part of the CBD industry almost from the very beginning.
Processing, extraction and purification is all currently performed at a 300,000 square-foot, FDA-registered facility located in southern Colorado. The vertical integration used by Folium Biosciences allows them to control every aspect of production, from seed to sale. State-of-the-art extraction techniques are employed, which is then followed by rigorous in-house testing.
Folium Biosciences holds a Certificate of Free Sale and a Manufactured Food Establishment License by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE). Aside from carrying all of Colorado’s food and cosmetic licenses, Folium Biosciences also holds GMP certification, GPP certification, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) licensing, EU Pharmaceutical Manufacturing licensing, Kosher and Halal certification and ISO Certified Clean Rooms for processing.
Global Cannabinoids has partnered with the leading U.S. genetics company to provide their farmers with clones from unique proprietary hemp strains high in CBD, CBN, CBG, CBD and other naturally occurring cannabis compounds.
Global Cannabinoids hemp is cultivated sustainably on farms in Oregon, Colorado and North Carolina. Each farm is registered with its state’s Department of Agriculture, with some of Global Cannabinoids farmers issued some of the first hemp farming licenses under the 2014 Farm Bill. They are the largest GMP and FDA manufacturers and employ the highest rated cannabis testing and certification labs. All of their products are manufactured in one of their GMP or ISO certified facilities.
Plants are tested both before and after harvest, where state-of-the-art extraction methods are then utilized to create both full spectrum oil and CBD isolate. Once oil has been extracted, it goes through two rounds of testing. All Global Cannabinoids products are guaranteed with seed-to-sale traceability.
Established in 2012, HempMeds is a CBD wholesaler with experience in the industry and refers to themselves as “your trusted CBD source.” The team at HempMeds understands that trust in a product comes from quality and consistency.
All HempMeds products are sourced from sustainably cultivated hemp grown on a cooperative of 750 farms in northern Europe. After extraction, every batch of products created goes through a triple lab testing process that authenticates cannabinoid content, quality and purity (no mold, heavy metals or contaminants) at three various points throughout manufacturing. Certificates of analysis are available for every product they provide. Lab tests can be requested to wholesalers to confirm testing before purchase.
HempMeds was the first mainstream CBD hemp oil distributor and retailer in the U.S., was the provider of the first CBD products in Brazil and is the provider of the first and only CBD products in Mexico.
4. Hemp Depot
Hemp Depot is a Colorado Springs, Colorado-based CBD manufacturer that provides hemp CBD oil, hemp flower, hemp seeds and hemp clones that are all grown and processed in the USA.
Involved in all aspects of how their hemp oil is made, Hemp Depot monitors every step of the production process from seed to sale. The hemp cultivated to source their CBD oil is grown sustainably in Colorado, using growing practices without chemical pesticides, herbicides and fertilizers to produce all-natural, non-GMO crops.
Hemp Depot carries several certifications to ensure you’re getting the highest possible quality hemp products you can find. These include the CHPHE manufacturing license, Denver Public Health and Environment (DHE) certification, Colorado Department of Agriculture (CDA) seed registration and industrial hemp registration, and the U.S. Hemp Authority certification. Hemp Depot is also a member of both the Hemp Industries Association (HIA) and the National Hemp Association (NHA).
Third party testing is applied to all the products they offer.
Stock CBD Supplements is a CBD supplement manufacturer with a 177,000 square foot FDA-approved, GMP facility. They maintain a fully independent quality control department to ensure that all their products meet the highest standards for quality and documentation.
Not only is Stock CBD an FDA-registered company, but they are also audited twice a year by NSF International (a global public health and safety organization) to ensure they are in full compliance with GMP. Raw material to source their products is sourced from high-quality producers, who must undergo a thorough qualification procedure before Stock CBD Supplements will partner with them.
The products Stock CBD Supplements offers are tested several times for cannabinoid identification, quality, potency and contamination. Third-party testing labs are also employed to ensure consumers receive the highest quality CBD oil possible.
Kazmira is based near Denver, Colorado and operates out of a 200,000-square-foot facility. They produce THC-free, broad spectrum CBD oil, CBD isolate and water-soluble CBD derived from industrial hemp grown in the USA. Kazmira has also planted 240 acres of industrial hemp with partners across the state of Colorado.
Quality is of paramount importance to Kazmira, which is why they follow ISO quality management standards and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP). They also carry a Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) license that allows them to process hemp plants in Colorado as a food product. Kazmira also has permits for all the solvents they use in the extraction process.
From seed to sale, the Colorado-based company also tracks the entire lifecycle of their product. Kazmira is “committed to operating safely and complying with applicable laws, regulations and policies.” Every business decision they make is said to be guided by their commitment to provide a safe and healthy workplace and operate with the highest safety standards while protecting the environment, natural resources and local community.
Choose a CBD Manufacturer That Makes Quality a Priority
As you can see, there are more than a few options to choose from when it comes to CBD manufacturers. CBD is a big business and is only expected to grow. This means that the number of CBD manufacturers will increase as the industry expands.
If you’re interested in becoming part of this rapidly growing industry, finding the best manufacturer is paramount for your success. We’re here to help in any way we possibly can.
Together we can make a difference by bringing CBD to the lives of as many people as possible. Please contact us with any questions you might have on finding the best CBD manufacturer to fit your needs. If you’re interested in offering CBD products to your customers, check out our wholesale and private label programs to see if they might be a good fit for you.