7 Post-Workout CBD Recipes
Everyone has their workout routine. For those who are serious about getting their fitness on, they turn to a post-workout treat. Why not? You just worked pretty hard! Even better, this reward comes with benefits. Post-workout nutrition is essential to help your body restore some of the energy exerted during your session. One of the best wing-people for an after-workout boost? CBD.
Let’s look at why CBD is a great way to maximize the benefits of your workout. In addition, we’ll provide you with 7 delicious post-workout CBD recipes. Now, get your sweat on…er…read on!
Why Post-Workout Nutrition is Important
Anyone who has pushed through an intense cardio sesh or hit a new bench record knows one thing…they’re pooped! Nothing worth having is easy. That is why working out is called “working.”
When you workout, your body gets put under stress. Due to the intensity of the workout, two major functions happen so your body can coast you through:
- Burning of glycogen
- Using up/damaging protein
Every time your body is pushed toward its limits, it disrupts many little tissues, cells, tendons and proteins in your body. Once you finish, your body needs to replenish the glycogen. That way the glycogen can be broken down and transformed into catalysts for rebuilding damaged proteins.
This is what makes CBD such a vital component of a nutrient-dense workout regimen. Broad spectrum CBD will contain all of the 20 amino acids. This includes the nine that our body can’t create on its own.
In addition, CBD can help the tissues and tendons recover after a workout due to its indirect impact on the endocannabinoid system.
With that, you want a post-workout treat that is high in protein, carbs and fat. You need the carbs to help create the glycogen necessary to break down amino-rich proteins. Fat is essential because it helps with the absorption of nutrients in the gut lining.
Once again, CBD comes in handy. Broad spectrum hemp oil contains phytochemicals unique to the hemp plant. That means broad spectrum hemp oil is rich in omega-3 fatty acids. These are proteins that can help you bounce back after an intense day at the gym.
Now you know why you should eat after a workout (and why you should have CBD in that snack). We get that people need to sneak their workout in whenever they can. Here are 7 post-workout CBD recipes for every part of your daily routine.
CBD Morning Scramble
Who doesn’t like a nice wake and fry? In the morning time, our heads can be a bit scrambled. A good way to break through that fog is to infuse your post-workout breakfast with CBD. Here’s a great way to do just that.
- Small bunch of kale
- Small sweet potato, diced
- ¼ cup grass-fed butter
- ¼ large organic onion, chopped
- Cherry tomatoes
- Joy Organics 500mg Natural CBD Tincture
- Four free-range organic eggs
- ¼ cup organic milk
- Wash and prep all produce.
- Heat the butter over low-medium heat on a skillet.
- Add a dropper-full of the natural CBD tincture to the top of the butter at the first sign of the butter softening.
- Once the butter starts to break down more, add in the sweet potatoes.
- Cover with a lid to speed up the cooking process.
- Whisk the four eggs in a small bowl and season with pepper.
- Pour the milk into whisked eggs.
- Add the onion to the sweet potatoes.
- After the onions are translucent, add in the other vegetables and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the milk-egg mixture.
- Cook together until scrambled!
CBD Goji Bars
Not everyone has the chance to start their day off with a home-cooked scramble. That sort of folk needs their CBD on the go. These CBD Goji Bars are a great option because they are delicious, discreet and travel well. Not to mention, Goji berries are a superfood. They are highly rich in antioxidants, which is further enhanced in the presence of CBD.
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
- 2 cups quick steel-cut oats
- 1 ½ teaspoon organic chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup shelled walnuts
- ½ cup raw pecans
- ½ cup organic goji berries
- ¼ cup raw cocoa powder
- 2 small bananas
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
Topping for Bars:
- ¼ cup quick steel-cut oats
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon organic chia seeds
- ¼ cup dried goji berries
- 2 tablespoon raw hemp seeds
- 3 tablespoon organic shredded coconut
- 2-3 tablespoons of milk or plant-based milk
- Dropper-full Joy Organics 1000mg Lemon CBD Tincture
- Preheat the oven to 350° F while greasing a 9×9 baking pan.
- Combine all the ingredients for the bars into a food processor.
- Pulse with an S-blade until you have a thick batter.
- Smooth into a baking pan as evenly as possible.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- While baking, mix all the bar topping ingredients into a bowl, minus the Joy Organics lemon tincture.
- Once evenly mixed in, add dropper-full of Joy Organics Lemon CBD Tincture.
- Place the toppings on top of the bars when the 12 minutes are up.
- Put bars with toppings into the oven for 8 more minutes.
- Once done, allow two hours to cool, refrigerate extras.
CBD Power Salad
When you hear the word salad, people think of iceberg lettuce, but that’s far from reality! Salads are a blanket term for a cornucopia of delicious options in one bowl. Here, you can rejuvenate your post-workout body with some plant-based power dressed up in CBD. This is a great recipe for the person who sneaks a workout in during their lunch break!
- 1/2 cup uncooked organic quinoa
- 1 cup organic vegetable stock
- ¼ cup organic hemp seeds
- ¼ cup organic pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup raw almonds
- ¼ cup raw brazil nuts
- 1 can organic chickpeas, rinsed
- ½ organic red onion, chopped
- ½ jalapeno pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup dried cranberries, unsweetened
- 1 sprig of cilantro
- 2 tablespoons organic peanut oil
- Dash of grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon Bragg organic raw apple cider vinegar
- 15 drops Joy Organics 500mg Orange CBD Tincture
- 15 drops Joy Organics 500mg Lemon CBD Tincture
- First, cook the quinoa by adding it into a saucepan with the vegetable stock.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for around 20 minutes.
- While the quinoa cooks, place the nuts and seeds on a baking sheet and toast in the oven until golden.
- Prep the vegetables.
- Mix them in a bowl with rinsed organic chickpeas.
- Chop the toasted nuts and mix in with the chickpeas and veggies.
- Start on the dressing by pouring the peanut oil into a bowl.
- Dash some of the grated ginger into the bowl and whisk together.
- Pour in the Bragg raw apple cider vinegar and whisk together (it won’t fully integrate)
- Once the quinoa is done, add to the bowl of chickpeas and vegetables and toss.
- Place the drops of lemon CBD tincture and orange CBD tincture into the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the bowl and thoroughly mix.
Note: The dressing won’t seem like a lot, but trust us, a little goes a long way!
Undoubtedly, salmon is one of the leanest proteins that we can consume. You can tell the quality of amino acids in your cut by how vibrant its pink flesh is. Up that ante by adding some CBD to the mix. This is a great dinner. It will pair wonderfully with a sweet potato and roasted asparagus for the ultimate post-workout supper.
- 1 cup organic raw honey
- ⅓ cup reduced sodium soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 2 teaspoon organic minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 free-range salmon filets
- Dropper-full Joy Organics 500mg Lemon CBD Tincture
- Sesame seeds
- Preheat the over to 350°F.
- Grab a small bowl and add in 1 cup of honey.
- Pour in the ⅓ cup of soy sauce and whisk together.
- Add in the minced garlic and minced ginger and continue to whisk.
- Put 2 salmon filets into a ziplock bag, followed by the dressing.
- Shake the bag up and place into the fridge to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Place the marinated salmon onto a greased baking pan and put into the oven for 20 minutes.
- Pour the rest of the marinade into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for a couple of minutes before turning off.
- Allow the marinade to cool.
- Just before the marinade is about to thicken, add in dropper-full of Joy Organics Lemon CBD Tincture.
- Stir up lightly.
- When the salmon is cooked, brush the CBD-infused glaze over the fish.
- Garnish with a pinch of sesame seeds.
One Pot CBD Chicken
This dish is no joke. It’s seriously delish, full of lean protein and complete with complex carbs. It’s everything you need and want after a busy day and workout.
- 4 free-range chicken thighs with skin
- 3 organic lemons
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 organic garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan pink sea salt
- 15 drops Joy Organics 5oomg Lemon CBD Tincture
- ½ teaspoon organic extra virgin olive oil (twice)
- 1 small organic sweet onion, diced
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 ½ cups organic vegetable stock
- ¾ cup water
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink sea salt
- Black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients of the marinade into a small bowl.
- Place the chicken thighs into a ziplock bag, pour the marinade in and give a good shake.
- Refrigerate anywhere from 20 minutes to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove chicken from bag, but hold onto marinade.
- Heat ½ tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a heavy skillet on medium heat.
- Put chicken in skillet, skin-side down.
- Cook until golden brown and then flip.
- Remove the chicken and set aside on a paper towel.
- Heat ½ tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in skillet.
- Add in sweet onion and saute until translucent.
- Add in the rest of the rice ingredients and marinade.
- Simmer for 30 seconds.
- Put the chicken on top and place a lid over the skillet.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake up to 10 more minutes or until all liquid is gone.
- Take out of oven and allow to cool.
CBD Monster Bars
Had a workout, a nice dinner and need a little extra something-something? Life’s about the little joys. Dessert is a huge part of those little moments of bliss. Adding CBD to your desserts will increase that happiness even more. Here’s a great ode to our favorite Sesame Street character, the Cookie Monster…’cause who doesn’t love a good cookie?
- 1/4 cup grass-fed butter
- Dropper full Joy Organics 1000mg Orange CBD Tincture
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup graham crackers, lightly chopped
- 14 ounces paleo condensed milk
- 1 cup dark chocolate shavings
- 1 cup organic flaked coconut
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup organic dry dates, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325ºF and lightly grease an 11×7 baking pan.
- Melt butter over low heat.
- Add in dropper-full of orange CBD tincture.
- Add in graham cracker crumbs and stir.
- Move the graham cracker mixture to the baking pan.
- Put the lightly chopped graham crackers on top as a blanket.
- Pour in the paleo condensed milk.
- Add an even layer of dark chocolate shavings, save at least ⅛ a cup for the end.
- Add in the organic coconut flakes, saving around ⅛ a cup.
- Follow up with an even layer of walnuts, leaving approximately ⅛ cup.
- Add a layer of dates, with ⅛ cup to spare.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Add the rest of your toppings and bake for five more minutes.
- Remove from oven and cut into bite-sized pieces!
CBD-late Chickpea Brownies
Dessert is so nice, we must feature it twice! This is a guilt-free dessert packed with protein. It contains all-natural sweeteners and of course…CBD! So, snack on and worry less.
- 15 oz can, no salt organic chickpeas, drained
- ⅔ cup organic cashew butter
- ⅓ cup organic agave nectar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ cup fair-trade dark chocolate powder
- 15 drops Joy Organics 1000mg Tranquil Mint CBD Tincture
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place everything into a food processor except for the dark chocolate powder and Joy Organics Tranquil Mint CBD Tincture.
- Blend until smooth.
- Grease an 8×8 baking pan.
- Pour the batter into the pan.
- Put the dark chocolate powder into a small bowl.
- Combine 15 drops of Joy Organics Tranquil Mint CBD Tinctures to the dark chocolate.
- Fold the chocolate CBD mixture into the batter.
- Evenly spread across the baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving.