5 CBD-Infused Drink Recipes to Cool You Down
It may be August, but the heat doesn’t seem to be going away anytime soon. You can slather on sunscreen until you look like Casper, but all the sunscreen in the world won’t cool your insides down from overheating.
Luckily for you, we have some delicious drinks, some with and some without alcohol, that will keep you cool for the rest of the summer. Here are 5 CBD-infused drink recipes to enjoy at your next cookout, at the beach or by the poolside.
Why CBD for Summer Drinks?
As the song goes, “Summertime, and the living’s easy.” Unfortunately for some, “easy living” is hard to come by. This sentiment is especially true for those who have trouble relaxing.
While reclining by the crashing waves provides mental clarity for some, it can cause others a bit of distress. There are triggers everywhere that include fear of sunburn or stress overload from a crowded beachfront. Not to mention, being out in the sun leaves your mind prone to wandering. Rather than enjoying a moment of downtime, your brain starts going over all the work you have to do tomorrow or all the errands you could be running instead of soaking up the sun.
For some, adding CBD into their beverages can help support their need to unwind. Thanks to its interaction with your endocannabinoid system, drinking a CBD beverage is the ultimate merger between taste and self-care.
Will CBD Summer Drinks Get Me High?
We all like to let a little loose in the summer sun, but don’t expect to get high from Joy Organics CBD products. Our broad and full spectrum hemp extracts have had the THC extracted. We opt to remove this psychoactive cannabinoid from our formula because we believe summer fun should be for everyone.
As a family-founded business, we want to make sure that everyone can enjoy the potential benefits of CBD. This mission statement is exactly why we formulate products that we can serve our grandchildren. We take this vow very seriously — it’s also why all of our products are batch tested for purity.
In the interest of transparency, you can check the lot number of any Joy Organics product on our website. See firsthand the levels of THC (and other cannabinoids) in your batch by checking out your product’s lab results.
Happy Berry Spritzer
Bring the patch to your pitcher with Joy Organics CBD Energy Drinks. Our blend is made with all-natural ingredients and contains 75mg of caffeine. This little boost of caffeine will get you nice and focused on that beach volleyball game or energized for the 5K you plan to run.
All you need to make one glass of our Happy Berry Energy Drink is to add one packet to 20-24 ounces of water. Want to feel extra refreshed? Give this delicious mix a bit of a makeover by adding some seltzer.
- 20 ounces seltzer (flavor suggestion: La Croix Cran-Raspberry)
- 4 ounces lemonade
- 1 packet Joy Organics Happy Berry CBD Energy Mix
- Handful of raspberries
- Add ice into a cup 24 ounces or larger
- Mix together the lemonade and seltzer in cup
- Stir in the Joy Organics Happy Berry Mix until well blended
- Pour in raspberries and serve
- Triple the recipe for a 64-ounce pitcher
Calm, Cool, CBDllected
Summer reminds us of lemonade stands. While the days of sugar water and lemons are gone for us, we still like to partake in this summer treat — we’re just a little healthier about it. Here’s a recipe that will calm down the rambunctious young entrepreneurs running the stand this year, as well as the anxious parents watching them! Stay calm, cool and collected with this pitcher of CBD and lavender lemonade.
- 4 cups distilled water
- 1/4 cup pure cane sugar
- 1/4 cup honey (or agave nectar for vegans)
- 4 tablespoons dried lavender
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- Dropperful of Joy Organics’ Lemon CBD Tincture
- Lemon slices and lavender petals for garnish
- Mix the water, cane sugar and honey together.
- Add in the lavender petals and allow to infuse for two to three hours.
- Strain the mixture into a pitcher.
- Be sure to push the lavender petals against the sieve for maximum flavor.
- Add in the lemon juice and CBD tincture, stirring until well combined.
- Pour into a glass with ice, using lemon slices and lavender petals to garnish.
Is there anything better than ice cream on a hot summer day? There is, and it’s ice cream with CBD and rum. This treat is a nod to a childhood favorite: orange creamsicles! While we take it up a notch with some spiced rum, the kiddos can cool down in style, too. Opt out of the rum and turn the cocktail into a mocktail by infusing it with ginger ale.
- 2 ounces spiced rum or ginger ale
- Vanilla ice cream (or coconut milk ice cream)
- Orange sherbert
- Dropperful of Joy Organics’ Orange CBD Tincture
- Add spiced rum or ginger ale to a blender.
- Scoop in the vanilla ice cream and orange sherbert, making sure to use equal parts.
- Blend until you reach a creamy consistency.
- Add in CBD tincture, stirring lightly.
- Pour over ice.
EnlightenMINT Iced Tea
Berries aren’t the only plants to thrive in the summer sun. Mint will pop up in spice gardens everywhere during this season, too. With its cooling properties, you’ll want to add this herb into a fresh batch of iced green tea. Up the coolness factor with a few drops of Joy Organics’ Tranquil Mint CBD Tincture.
- 8 cups of water
- 1/3 cup of honey (or agave nectar)
- 5 bags of green tea
- 8 sprigs of mint
- 3-4 droppersful of Joy Organics’ Tranquil Mint CBD Tincture.
- Boil three of the eight cups of water and pour into a large bowl.
- Add the honey, tea bags and mint sprigs to the water and allow to steep for 20 minutes.
- Once cooled, strain the infused water into a pitcher.
- Add the CBD Tincture and stir.
- Add the rest of the water and stir.
- Serve drink over ice and garnish with additional mint sprigs.
Summer Mocha CBIceD Coffee
Summer is the time of the year when many coffee nuts switch over from hot to iced. Treat yourself by mixing together everyone’s favorite, mocha, with the refreshing flavor of Joy Organics’ Natural CBD Tincture. It has a slightly nutty flavor that will have your beverage rivaling your local barista. You’ll probably save a few dollars, too! Adults, transform this cocktail by adding in a shot of Kahlua.
- 1 cup freshly brewed organic fair-trade coffee
- 1 tablespoon honey (or agave nectar)
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup coconut milk (or cow’s milk)
- Dropperful of Joy Organics’ Natural CBD Tincture
- Brew the coffee.
- Mix honey and cocoa powder with the coffee.
- Pour mixture into ice cube trays and put in the freezer until solid.
- Once ice cubes are solid, pour coconut milk into a glass.
- Add in drops of CBD Tincture and stir.
- Add in ice and stir.
We hope you enjoy these CBD-infused drink recipes and, most importantly, stay cool for the rest of the summer! Let us know about your favorite CBD drink concoctions. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us. We’d love to chat!
Thanks for reading! To show how much we appreciate you, we’re going to give you 16% off your next order. Just use code READER16 at checkout!
Hannah Smith is Joy Organics Director of Communications. She’s passionate about providing wellness and CBD education in a clear and accessible way. Before Joy Organics, she worked as a travel writer and photographer.