Iced coffee is the sweet nectar that gets many of us running in the morning. This caffeine rush can make us feel great, but the comedown can lead to some of the lowest of lows. A caffeine crash can slow your momentum. Thankfully, CBD iced coffee can help you find a happy compromise. Get things done while incorporating balanced wellness with these CBD iced coffee recipes.
Why Drink CBD Iced Coffee?
Caffeine is a stimulant that offers a number of benefits. It’s basic human instinct to want more of that which we perceive as beneficial. At one time in our evolution, this was necessary for survival. Our brains haven’t changed all that much since then, so we tend to register the effects of coffee as “Caffeine feel good. Me want more.”
Avoid the Jitters and Caffeine Comedown
When we consume too much caffeine, it can increase heart rate and cortisol production. Many of us have gotten accustomed to large amounts of coffee and trained ourselves to consume coffee to this point. One cup became two, which became three or even more. Eventually, we feel numb to the benefits of iced coffee and, instead, become dependent.
Drinking CBD iced coffee might help balance the effects of caffeine. CBD can promote a peaceful state of mind. While caffeine can get the heart and mind racing, CBD can help balance out these unfavorable effects.
CBD can also enhance some of the positive benefits of caffeine. Some people use CBD to help promote focus. If you’re a coffee drinker, focus is likely an important benefit to you, and CBD can assist in this area as well.
Many of us are fixating on all the tasks we have to do, bills we need to pay and plans we have to make. Caffeine can make those thoughts rattle around your head. CBD iced coffee can help you put them in perspective.
Iced coffee can taste quite bitter. That’s why we often load it up with sugar and artificial flavors. Unfortunately, these ingredients aren’t always beneficial for our health (or waistline).
One way to mellow out the intensity of the coffee is to add natural flavoring to it. A great source of natural flavor is organic essential oil and broad spectrum hemp extract. You can find that and more in our CBD tinctures.
Joy Organics CBD tinctures are made with all-natural ingredients and naturally-grown hemp. We use essential oils that are rich in terpenes to help promote the entourage effect along with a wide range of cannabinoids. Check out our four CBD tincture flavors and find your favorite today!
How to Make Simple Syrup for CBD Iced Coffee
Many people use granulated sugar to flavor hot coffee. The heat dissolves the sugar, liquefying it so it integrates well with the warm brew. In iced coffee, on the other hand, granulated sugar doesn’t dissolve well and remains grainy, adding an often-unpleasant mouthfeel.
One great solution is to make your own simple syrup. This CBD-infused simple syrup recipe can be applied to all of the following CBD iced coffee recipes. You have the option to choose the CBD tincture flavor you use to make your simple syrup.
We offer four distinct and delectable flavors:
- Orange Bliss.
- Summer Lemon.
- Tranquil Mint.
Different recipes will call for different CBD tinctures, but we chose Joy Organics Natural CBD Tinctures for the base recipe. It offers earthy notes with a coconut finish. The tincture blends in nicely with coffee, and the change in flavor is almost undetectable. The neutral flavors make this formula the most versatile tincture for CBD iced coffee, but you’re welcome to use any flavor you like.
CBD Simple Syrup Recipe
You can customize this recipe as you see fit by using any of our tincture flavors. This simple syrup doesn’t only have to be used for CBD iced coffee, either. You can also use this recipe to sweeten tea, cocktails and mocktails.
- 1 cup distilled water.
- 1 cup granulated sugar.
- 1 dropperful of Joy Organics Natural CBD Tincture.
- Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Mix in the sugar. Keep stirring until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Add in a dropperful of Joy Organics Natural CBD Tincture, or desired amount.
- Stir well and refrigerate for an hour.
CBD works best with iced coffee because heat acts as a catalyst for change. Piping hot coffee can destroy some of the beneficial terpenes and cannabinoids in CBD. This also applies to hot simple syrup. Make sure you allow the syrup some time to cool before adding in the tincture.
How to Make Iced Coffee for CBD Iced Coffee
You can easily use your CBD-infused simple syrup to flavor a black coffee from your local cafe, or you can make your own CBD iced coffee. Here’s how to make the best-iced coffee at home to create the perfect base for our CBD iced coffee recipes.
Simple Iced Coffee Recipe
This is a basic iced coffee recipe that will be used to bring our coffee concoctions to life. You can use this for CBD-free recipes, too!
- 1 or 2 cups of fresh-brewed coffee.
- Ice cubes.
- Brew your coffee as usual and transfer it into a heat-proof container.
- Allow it to sit for a few minutes at room temperature and then place in the refrigerator.
- Let the iced coffee sit in the fridge for at least an hour or up to three hours.
- Serve in a glass with ice.
Iced coffee hack: make coffee ice cubes. That way, the ice won’t water down your CBD iced coffee when it melts. Simply pour your cooled coffee into an ice cube tray and freeze. You can even thaw these cubes overnight in the refrigerator so they melt into ready-to-drink iced coffee in the morning!
CBD Iced Coffee Recipes
Now that you have made the simple syrup and coffee, put on your barista apron because we’re whipping up some delicious iced coffee recipes.
Tranquil Mint Chocolate Chip
Frappuccino lovers instinctively understand that sometimes coffee can be a dessert. It’s okay to treat yourself once in a while! Here is an indulgent drink that will refresh your taste buds and your concentration. This recipe makes two servings.
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk.
- ¼ cup coconut sugar.
- ¼ cup Andes mints.
- 2 T cacao powder.
- ½ tsp vanilla extract.
- 2 cups of iced coffee.
- Simple syrup with Joy Organics Tranquil Mint CBD Tincture.
- Simmer the coconut milk on medium-low heat.
- Pour in the coconut sugar and stir until well integrated.
- Add in the mints and lower the heat.
- Keep stirring until the mints have melted.
- Add in the cacao powder and stir until completely blended.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Allow the mixture to cool.
- Pour iced coffee into two cups of ice.
- Add in the mint chocolate mixture and stir well.
- Stir in the simple syrup.
CBD Blondie Roast
You can make this CBD iced coffee with any blend, but we think it’s best with a lighter roast. Light roasts have a sweeter flavor that nicely compliment our Orange Bliss CBD Tincture.
- 2 cups of iced coffee.
- Vanilla extract or vanilla paste, to taste.
- Simple syrup with Joy Organics Orange Bliss CBD Tincture.
- Cinnamon stick.
- Mix the vanilla with the iced coffee and place in the refrigerator. Allow the flavors to meld together for at least 30 minutes.
- Pour the vanilla-infused coffee over ice.
- Mix in the Orange Bliss simple syrup with a cinnamon stick and enjoy.
Hello CBD Mello Coffee
Want something sweet to keep you on task all day? Say hello to the delectable fusion of caramel, coffee and CBD. This version is made with Joy Organics Summer Lemon CBD Tincture. The bright burst of lemon compliments the rich notes of homemade caramel.
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar.
- 1/4 cup vanilla soy milk (or other non-dairy milk).
- 4 T coconut oil.
- Fresh vanilla beans or vanilla extract, to taste.
- 2 cups of iced coffee.
- Simple syrup with Joy Organics Summer Lemon CBD Tincture.
- In a small saucepan, add the coconut sugar, soy milk, vanilla beans and coconut oil.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and continue to cook the caramel. You want it to thicken, reduce about 50% and appear a dark brown hue.
- Transfer the caramel into a measuring glass and allow it to sit for at least two hours.
- Fill two glasses with ice and pour in iced coffee.
- Divide the caramel between the two glasses.
- Add in the simple syrup and stir until well-integrated.
CBD Hazelnutty and Lovin’ It!
Hazelnut is one of our favorite iced coffee flavors, so this one of our go-to CBD iced coffee recipes. We opt for our natural CBD tincture, the same one used in the original simple syrup recipe. Its earthiness complements the nutty notes of hazelnut.
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts.
- 2 cups distilled water.
- 3 Medjool dates, pitted.
- 1 T cacao powder.
- Iced coffee.
- Simple syrup with Joy Organics Natural CBD Tincture.
- Dash of nutmeg.
- Place hazelnuts into an airtight container and top with two cups of water. Cover tightly and place the container into the refrigerator overnight.
- Drain the hazelnuts and add to a blender with the Medjool dates and cacao powder.
- Blend for three minutes.
- Place a funnel over a container and cover with a cheesecloth.
- Pour the nut mixture through the cheesecloth to filter out any solid materials.
- Fill two glasses with ice and then fill 3/4 of the way with iced coffee.
- Stir in the hazelnut mixture, followed by the simple syrup.
- Top with a dash of nutmeg.
Have you made CBD iced coffee? What are some recipes you’ve tried? Show off your culinary skills in the comments below!
Thanks for reading! To show how much we appreciate you, we’re going to give you 16% off your next order. Just use code READER16 at checkout!