‘Tis the season for joy, love and spoiling those you care about most. While this season is exciting, the changing seasons and the influx of family members can sometimes feel a bit overwhelming. CBD drinks, with or without alcohol, are an excellent way to both celebrate and unwind throughout the holiday season. Let’s take a look at some of the best holiday-themed CBD drinks that will help you navigate this time of year and set you up for success in the new decade!
Ho! Ho! Ho! CBD Cocoa!
There’s something special about hot cocoa that helps soften the harsh chill that comes with winter winds. Now, make this treat even better with Ho! Ho! Ho! CBD Cocoa! This CBD-infused drink is ideal for children and the inner child in all of us.
This recipe turns up the notch on traditional hot cocoa. We add in some spices and orange CBD tincture to the mix. Together, they blend with the hot cocoa to create a CBD beverage that makes us feel warm and fuzzy.
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cups milk (or almond milk)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 star anise (optional)
- 2 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 ounces chocolate chips (we suggest dark chocolate, but milk chocolate will work)
- 2 full droppers of Joy Organics Orange CBD Tincture
- Mini marshmallows
- Pour the milk into a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the cinnamon stick, nutmeg and star anise.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then lower it to a simmer for ten minutes.
- Strain the milk into a measuring cup and then pour it back into the saucepan.
- Add in the chocolate chips and unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Whisk continuously until the ingredients are well integrated.
- Bring this mixture to a slow boil, then take it off the heat.
- Pour into two mugs.
- Add a full dropper of Joy Organics CBD Tincture to each of these drinks.
- Stir with a cinnamon stick and top off with mini marshmallows.
What we enjoy the most about this time of the year is that there is no shortage of celebrations. Hanukkah is one festive holiday where CBD drinks can help everyone relax and enjoy some family time.
This CBD-infused recipe is inspired by sufganiyah. This popular Jewish dessert is much like a jelly doughnut, but we transformed this treat into a delicious martini.
A little lemon CBD tincture goes a long way in bringing this berry-flavored beverage to life. It offers that light bite you’d expect from freshly-baked pastry dough. We suggest using half of a dropper of CBD tincture to allow the berry notes to shine through. If you’re a lemon fanatic, feel free to double up.
- 1 ounce vanilla vodka
- 1 ounce citrus vodka
- 2 ounces sweetened berry wine (we prefer blackberry)
- 1/2 dropper Joy Organics Lemon CBD Tincture
- Lemon wedge
- Confectioner’s sugar
- Chill a martini glass ten minutes before serving.
- Swipe the lemon wedge around the rim of the glass. Give it a light squeeze as you work around the perimeter.
- Pour a little confectioner’s sugar onto a small plate.
- Place the lemon-rimmed glass upside onto the sugar and turn it clockwise until the rim is covered in sugar.
- Put some ice into a shaker and follow up with the vodka and wine.
- Gently stir for 30 seconds. Harsh, repetitive shaking will water down your CBD drink.
- Strain the contents of the shaker over the martini glass.
- Top off with Joy Organics Lemon CBD Tincture. Give a light swirl and enjoy.
CBD Ginger Beer
Founded by Dr. Maulana Karenga in 1966, Kwanzaa is a celebration that honors African heritage in African-American culture.
To get in the spirit this holiday season, we included a recipe for a West African favorite, ginger beer. Our CBD Ginger Beer pairs well with lemon and orange CBD tinctures. These fruity notes really accent the peppery bite from the ginger.
This CBD drink is non-alcoholic, but if you want to kick it up a notch, add in a little vodka to make a mule!
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 pound ginger, peeled and sliced thin
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 cup honey (or agave nectar for vegan option)
- 1/2 dropper Joy Organics Lemon CBD Tincture
- 1/2 dropper Joy Organics Orange CBD Tincture
- 2 cups seltzer
- Pour 2 cups of water into a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add in the ginger.
- Bring to a boil and then lower the temperature to a simmer.
- Allow the mixture to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Take off the heat and stir in lemon juice, honey and Joy Organics Lemon and Orange CBD Tinctures.
- After the mixture cools, pour it into a pitcher.
- Add in the rest of the water and seltzer.
- Pour in the ice and stir.
CBD Cran-Mint Fizz
The CBD Cran-Mint Fizz’s cranberry hue and minty bite will feel like Christmas. This tart drink will deck your halls and get you feeling jolly in no time.
For this CBD-infused drink, you can substitute the cranberry vodka for Joy Organics Happy Berry CBD Energy Drinks. If you opt for the alcoholic version, you will still get your CBD kick thanks to our mint CBD tincture.
- Lime wedge
- Table sugar
- Cranberries for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 ounces cranberry vodka (or use 2 ounces of a fully mixed blend of water and the Joy Organics Happy Berry CBD Energy Drink Mix. Save the rest for later)
- 4 ounces cranberry juice
- 6 ounces ginger ale (or use CBD Ginger Beer recipe above)
- 1 full dropper of Joy Organics Mint CBD Tincture
- 1/3 cup cranberries
- Fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon liquid cane sugar
- Put the cranberries and mint into a shaker and muddle them well.
- Add in lemon juice and sugar, muddling more so that everything is well integrated.
- Pour in vodka (or Energy Drink Mix) and cranberry juice.
- Shake vigorously.
- Stir in the ginger ale and Joy Organics Mint CBD Tincture.
- Use the lime wedge to line the rim of a cocktail glass with juice.
- Pour some table sugar onto a clean surface and dress the rim of your glass.
- Pour in your CBD beverage and garnish with extra cranberries.
Out of the Haze-lnut Coffee
So many of us power through these months with coffee. Now you can get even more into the holiday spirit by getting festive with your brew.
This recipe is much like bulletproof coffee, minus the blender. We added a little fat in the form of grass-fed butter to help with the absorption of cannabinoids. Plus, these healthy fats give the coffee a creamier texture. Drink up and enjoy––this recipe is enough for two cups!
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon Nutella
- 1 full dropper Joy Organics Natural CBD Tincture
- 2 cups fair-trade coffee, brewed
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 1/4 cup hazelnut oil
- 1 tablespoon table sugar
- Brew the coffee.
- As the coffee brews, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Pour butter into the coffee and combine well.
- Add in the hazelnut oil, table sugar, ground cinnamon and cayenne pepper. Allow to heat for about five minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the heavy whipping cream and Nutella in a small bowl.
- Pour the coffee mixture into two mugs.
- Spoon the Nutella mixture onto your drinks.
- Add one full dropper of the Joy Organics Natural CBD Tincture into each mug and enjoy.
Cham-Painless CBD New Year’s Cocktail
Want to feel good this New Year’s Eve? Get festive with CBD-infused drinks! 2020 is gearing up to be the year of the Prosecco. These CBD drinks take this popular beverage and give it a boost of hemp-based flavor.
Take a walk on the sweet and spicy side by throwing some cayenne pepper in with your sugar on the rim. This addition is sure to warm up your insides on a cold New Year’s Eve!
- 2 ounces gin
- 1 ounce elderflower liqueur
- Table sugar
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Lime wedges
- 1/2 dropper Joy Organics CBD Tincture
- Pour table sugar onto a clean surface.
- Add a dash of cayenne pepper and swirl around with a small spatula.
- Line the rim of a martini glass with a lime wedge and place upside down into the sugar-pepper mixture.
- Add ice, gin and elderflower liqueur to a shaker.
- Shake well to combine.
- Strain the contents of the shaker into the martini glass.
- Fill the rest with Prosecco.
- Add in Joy Organics CBD Tincture and stir.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and enjoy responsibly!
Whichever holiday you are celebrating this season, we hope you will add some holiday-themed CBD drinks to the menu. Do you have another favorite CBD beverage that we didn’t include on the list? Tell us about it in the comments below!
Thanks for reading! To show how much we appreciate you, we’re going to give you 16% off your next order. Just use code READER16 at checkout!
Joy Smith is Joy Organics Co-founder and visionary. After her own life-changing experience with CBD, Joy started Joy Organics to create a line of sustainable and premium CBD products consumers could trust. Before founding Joy Organics, Joy worked as an itinerant speaker, traveling to over four continents to empower women across the globe.