Nothing says summer in America like a Fourth of July cookout. Whether you’re hosting a neighborhood block party or just getting together with a couple of friends, having a Fourth of July cookout is a timeless U.S. tradition. Warm weather, friends, family and fireworks are seriously a staple this time of year. If you’re planning a party on the fourth, why not live your best life by throwing a few CBD-inspired dishes and drinks into the mix? We know we will.
Following are but a few CBD dishes and drinks that will wow your party guests.
5 CBD Dishes for Your Fourth of July
1. Red, White and Blue CBD Deviled Eggs
Deviled eggs prove to be welcome at any party. Why not make this popular party dish even more so by adding some CBD into the mix? There are several ways to make deviled eggs, but basic ingredients come down to mixing mayonnaise, mustard and some spices together (typically garlic powder and onion powder).
Turning your run-of-the-mill deviled eggs into CBD deviled eggs is easy. Simply add your desired serving size of CBD oil into your mayonnaise and mustard mixture and incorporate it well. To keep things simple, consider adding the same amount of CBD oil as you do mayo and mustard.
Step up your Fourth of July game by using red and blue food coloring to dye halved egg whites before adding the CBD-infused filling. Simply fill two bowls with hot water and add a tablespoon of white vinegar to each.
In the first bowl, add 1-2 teaspoons of concentrated red gel food coloring (it offers a more vibrant color than traditional food coloring) and mix well. In the second bowl, add 1-2 teaspoons of concentrated blue gel food coloring and mix well. Submerge an equal amount of halved egg whites in each bowl and allow to sit for a couple of minutes until they reach the desired color.
Remove the colored eggs from the dye mixture and allow to dry before adding the filling. Just don’t forget to keep an equal amount of white egg whites!
2. CBD-Infused Guacamole
If you think guacamole doesn’t belong at your Fourth of July cookout, think again. Guacamole gets gobbled up regardless of what holiday you’re celebrating and is a dish that CBD can easily be incorporated into. It’s also really easy to make!
- 4 ripe avocados, pitted and halved
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 small tomatoes, finely chopped
- ½ medium white onion, finely chopped
- Fresh juice of 1 lime
- 1 ml CBD oil tincture (our Summer Lemon flavor adds a beautifully blended burst of fresh citrus taste)
- Mash avocado and add salt, cumin and garlic powder and incorporate well.
- Mix in tomato and onion.
- Add lime juice and CBD oil and mix well.
- Serve with red, white and blue corn tortilla chips.
3. CBD Potato Salad
Potato salad is undoubtedly expected at any Fourth of July cookout. Your guests won’t be disappointed when you dress up your famous potato salad with a little bit of CBD. By taking your everyday mayonnaise-based potato salad and stirring some CBD oil into the mayo mix, you’ve got a new take on an old classic.
4. CBD Burgers
Burgers are as American as apple pie and no cookout would be complete without them (unless you’re a vegetarian, of course). Add a little hemp oil into your ingredient list and you’ve got yourself one supercharged American favorite.
- 2 pounds ground beef (grass-fed, free-range preferred)
- ¼-½ onion, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce or Bragg’s liquid aminos
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 ml CBD tincture (unflavored)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl and mix well. Form into 4-5 round patties.
- Grill on medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side.
- Serve with buns and condiments.
5. CBD-Infused Adult Lemonade
We love a good cocktail as much as the next person, especially on the fourth. Something we love even more than a good cocktail? A CBD cocktail, of course!
When it comes to incorporating CBD into your adult beverages this Fourth of July, the sky’s the limit. Click here to check out some of our CBD drink recipes for a little inspiration.
Not only is lemonade the quintessential summertime drink, but it’s also really easy to make and sure to be a real crowd pleaser.
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1/3 cup water + 8 cups
- Fresh juice of 5 lemons
- 3-4 ml CBD oil tincture (we’ll be using our Orange Bliss or Summer Lemon flavor)
- Add cane sugar and 1/3 cup water to saucepan and bring to a soft boil over low-medium heat. Cook slowly until the sugar is dissolved, remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a large pitcher or punch bowl, add sugar water, fresh lemon juice, remaining eight cups of water and CBD oil tincture. Add vodka and stir well to combine.
- Serve fresh over ice.
From our family to yours, we wish you all a happy and safe Fourth of July!
Thanks for reading! To show how much we appreciate you, we’re going to give you 16% off your next order. Just use code READER16 at checkout!
Hannah Smith is Joy Organics Director of Communications. She is driven by her passion for providing clear and accessible wellness and CBD education. In 2015, she received her BA in Media, Culture and the Arts from The King’s College in New York City and before Joy Organics, worked as writer and photographer in the Middle East and North Africa. Her work has been featured on Forbes, Vice, Vox, Denver Post, and the Coloradoan.