Joy Organics Orange Bliss Tincture from December 2018 Notice
Dear Joy Organics Customers,
We have become aware by a third-party lab test that Imazalil, a fungicide commonly used on citrus fruits, was found in one of our orange tinctures.
In response, we sent products from the same batch to two other ISO certified third-party labs; one lab’s test came back positive for Imazalil while the other came back as ND (Non Detectable).
We want to be extremely cautious and recall our Orange Bliss tincture that was purchased in the month of December, 2018. If you have a tincture from this batch, we request that you discard any remaining product. We will be sending everyone a full replacement with our new formula this Tuesday, January 22nd.
While Imazalil is commonly found on oranges, it’s important to me that our products are 100% fungicide free. The amount of Imazalil found in our product was 87 parts per billion (PPB). The EPA deems anything above 1750.0 as being a “Chronic RfD (reference dose per day)” for an adult male weighing 154 lbs. Therefore, you would need to drink 20 bottles of our Orange Bliss every day to be at the EPAs chronic RfD level. You can learn more here: http://whatsonmyfood.org/level.jsp?food=OG&pesticide=604
The tincture that was tested contained an older formula produced in a small batch. The formula we have been selling for the last few weeks is a new formula using certified organic essential oil.
We have taken this as an opportunity to establish a new industry standard of testing. Here’s our plan going forward:
- Post the internal lab report of the raw PCR hemp oil used in our products. (We have been providing these reports on our website since we started Joy Organics; you can find them here: https://joyorganics.com/labs/)
- Post the internal lab report of the finished product. (We have been providing these reports on our website since we started Joy Organics)
- Post the 3rd party lab report on every batch of raw PCR hemp oil used in our products.
- Post the 3rd party lab report of individual ingredients
- Post the 3rd party lab report on all our completed products.
- All of our tinctures, vapes, and salves will be made with naturally grown ingredients to ensure they are the healthiest and safest products in the industry.
- Within the next 60-90 days, all of our labels will have a QR code that customers can scan on their smartphones and gain instant access to all the lab reports listed above.
My goal when starting this company was to be set apart from the rest of the CBD industry in terms of both quality and transparency. While I’m disheartened to learn that a batch of our product slipped below my standard, I am eager to use this as an opportunity to raise our own bar for testing standards.
If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your understanding as we constantly work on improving our processes and products.
CEO, Joy Organics